Property Tax Reduction Consultants
125 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 500
Jericho, NY 11753
Jericho, NY 11753
(516) 484-0654 or (631) 484-0654
- Research service packages. Have internet, phone and cable service through different providers? You may be able to lower your monthly bill by bundling your services together! Try researching a few different companies to see what packages and deals they are currently offering, as some may offer the same services at a lower price.
- Be smart with your home's energy. Did you know that when you leave appliances and electronics plugged in even if they aren't turned on, you're still drawing power? No matter how small the electronic or appliance may seem, start making it a priority to unplug all items that aren't being used.
- Always grocery shop with a list. When you go food shopping without a list of items you absolutely need, it can be more tempting to throw just about anything in your cart. However, all of those items that look good at the time could add a significant amount to your bill! To prevent this, go through your fridge and cabinets before you leave and write down what you must buy - then stick to that list.
- Monitor your water use. Are you guilty of doing laundry or washing dishes when you don't have a full load of dirty clothes/dishes? If so, adjust your habits and make sure that you only turn these appliances on when it's time to. Similarly, make an effort to limit your time in the shower and turn off the water when doing things such as brushing your teeth!
Our fifth tip for cutting your homeowner expenses is to file a tax grievance! If you are one of the many Long Islanders who feels that you are paying too much in property tax, you might be - we can help! When the application period is open for Nassau and Suffolk County (check our website for updates), you can submit an application to us and we'll take care of the grievance process on your behalf to try and find you some savings.
For more information about the tax grievance process, click here or give us a call at (516) or (631) 484-0654.