Happy spring! From sprucing up your home to spring cleaning your finances, we have some tips for you:
6 Spring Cleaning Tips for 2019
- Clean and repair screens: Window and door screens can suffer some damage in the winter months. Repair any small holes you may see and give them a good scrub down. Then you’ll be ready to let the warm breeze in!
- Clean out gutters: Gutters and downspouts have a tendency to clog. Prepare for April showers by ensuring they are free from debris.
- Declutter your shelves: While you may have dusted shelves and countertops, what about decluttering? Take some time to go through what you have on display, is it necessary to keep? Can you donate anything or box things away?
- Wash blankets, throws, and curtains: These items can easily collect dust, which can become an allergy nightmare. Give these a good washing or dry cleaning and pack away any items not in use.
- Clean light fixtures and ceiling fans: You may need a step ladder to assist, but giving these fixtures a good cleaning is necessary. Not only will fixtures look better, but your lights will seem brighter and your fan won’t circulate excess dust!
- Take a look at your finances: Spring cleaning doesn’t just involve the interior and exterior of your home! Take a look at your finances. One great way to do this is to take a closer look at your property taxes and see if you are paying too much.
Not sure how to tackle number 6? That’s where we come in!
Here at P.T.R.C., Inc., we’ve been helping homeowners on Long Island reduce their property tax bills since 1990. All you need to do is submit your application and we take care of the rest!
Remember, the tax grievance deadline is approaching! If you live in Nassau County, be sure to submit your application be April 30, 2019 and if you live in Suffolk County, please submit by May 16, 2019.
If you have any questions about the tax grievance process, we would be more than happy to help! Just call (516) 484-0654 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly customer service representatives will point you in the right direction.