Showing posts with label Apply for Grievance. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Apply for Grievance. Show all posts

Friday, March 10, 2017

Another Nassau County Deadline Extension

Property Tax Reduction Consultants
125 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 500 
Jericho, NY 11753
(516) 484-0654 or (631) 484-0654

Nassau County Deadline- Property Taxes

Attention Nassau County homeowners, there has been another extension of the tax grievance deadline from March 10th to March 17th. Nassau County legislators cite the impending snow storm as the reason for the change. But regardless of the reasoning, this means another break for those of you who decided to wait until the last minute to file. Don't make the same mistake again, file your property tax grievance with P.T.R.C Inc. today!

Luck of the Irish 
If you believe in luck, this is the best case scenario for you and your grievance. The deadline is now March 17th, which also happens to be St. Patrick's Day. But while that might seem lucky, you don't want to get caught up in the festivities of the holiday and miss your chance to file. That is why we urge you to get those applications in today so you don't have worry. 
The Grievance Process
  • Submit your signed application. 
  • P.T.R.C. Inc. will represent you in front of the Assessment Review Commission in Nassau County. 
  • If we don't receive a reduction here, we will take your grievance to the Small Claims Assessment Review where we have been VERY successful in the past. 
  • Once you receive a reduction, you will either get a refund check in the mail or a reduced ate on your tax bill. Either way, everyone is happy! 
Follow P.T.R.C. Inc. on Facebook 
Just in case there are more changes or updates, we recommend you follow our Facebook page 'Property Tax Reduction Consultants.' We will update you on any further changes and you will also get an inside look at the grievance process in Nassau and Suffolk County. There is no reason not to be caught up with the current news in our industry! 

If you have any questions about the deadline or grievance process, feel free to call our offices at 516-484-0654 or email!  

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

5 New Year's Resolutions for Your Home

Property Tax Reduction Consultants
125 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 500 
Jericho, NY 11753
(516) 484-0654 or (631) 484-0654

new year- energy saving tips- home owner tips

As a homeowner, you're always looking for creative ways to save. You might be strict about leaving lights on or maybe you're the type of person who is reluctant to use the furnace or the air conditioner. Whatever your style is, these tips can help you liven up your home while simultaneously cutting costs.

Tidy It Up
Do you have kids that need to learn a little responsibility? Try creating a weekly cleaning chart that gives each of them a responsibility in the maintenance of your home. De-cluttering and tidying things up will reduce allergens and make your home more enjoyable to live in.
Cut Your Costs 
While we specialize in reducing taxes, we also know a thing or two about cutting utility costs. Here are three things you can do in 2017 to reduce heating and water bills: 
  • Turn your furnace down THREE degrees and utilize blankets or space heaters to compensate. This will save you close to 10% on your heating bills. 
  • Upgrade to a low-flow shower head. They use close to 60% less water and they help the environment and your wallet. 
  • Tune-up your furnace before it's too late. Most HVAC contractors offer this service to protect your heating system and make sure it is running efficiently. 
Spice It Up 
You can try making your home the people's choice for party home of the year in 2017. You can add things like surround sound speakers, a pool table and maybe even renovate if you're feeling extra ambitious.
Add Greenery
Indoor plants improve the look, feel and cleanliness of your home. Try purchasing an Aloe Vera plant and see if you can notice the difference in the indoor air quality. 
File a Grievance
The time to file in 2017 is running out and with the success we have had in the past, you can't afford not to file with P.T.R.C. Inc. If you want to reduce your Nassau or Suffolk County property taxes, visit our website and fill out an application!

These tips will help you save hundreds, but P.T.R.C. Inc. can help save you thousands! If you still have questions about the grievance process, visit us on the web or email us at You can also reach us by calling 516/631-484-0654!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Submit Your Signed Nassau AND Suffolk County Application Today!

Property Tax Reduction Consultants
125 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 500 
Jericho, NY 11753
(516) 484-0654 or (631) 484-0654

property tax reduction- tax grievance

The holiday season is in full swing and your to-do list is about as crowded as the beach on a sunny Sunday. It can certainly be nerve wracking, but your friends at P.T.R.C. Inc. have one more thing for you to tack on. If you live in Nassau or Suffolk County, you NEED to submit your tax reduction application today! It's not an overnight process, so the earlier you submit, the sooner we can get to work. The deadlines are as follows:

Nassau: March 1, 2017
Suffolk: May 16, 2017

Note: These applications are for the 2018/2019 tax year. In Nassau County, the process typically takes about 18-24 months or 12-18 months in Suffolk County. You will NOT see tax reductions in 2017 unless you filed last year. 

The good thing about working with P.T.R.C. Inc. is that we ONLY get paid if the reduction is successful. There is no qualifying fee or a fee for a lost case, so what do you have to lose? If we are granted a reduction by the board, we receive 50% of the property tax reduction payable after the official notification. We can afford to do this because we have had great success with reduction cases in our 26 years! 

Filing a tax grievance with P.T.R.C. Inc. is like stuffing the ballot. There are other reduction services out there, but our team gives you the best chance to succeed and our success leads directly to your savings. So we ask again... what are you waiting for? 

If you're ready to file now or early in 2017, head over to to download your application. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 516/631- 484-0654 or email 

Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Breakdown of the Grievance Process

Property Tax Reduction Consultants
125 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 500 
Jericho, NY 11753
(516) 484-0654 or (631) 484-0654

Apply for Grievance| Assessing your Property Taxes| Long Island, P.T.R.C. Inc.

If you've been living on Long Island for awhile, you're well aware that our property taxes are some of the highest in the entire country. While we live in one of the most beautiful and convenient locations on the planet, there is no reason to pay excessive property taxes. At P.T.R.C. Inc., we understand how the tax grievance process works and we can help you use it to your advantage. Are you interested in saving money on your property taxes? Well, here's how our tax grievance process can help: 

Step 1: The first thing you'll need to do is submit your grievance application to the experts at P.T.R.C. Inc. Within the coming days, you should receive confirmation that we received your application and that you're eligible to file the grievance application. 

Step 2: If you live in Suffolk County, our team would represent you in front of the Board of Assessment Review (BAR). For Nassau County residents, we would represent you in front of the Assessment Review Commission (ARC). 

Step 3: Based on their decision, we will either accept the reduction or proceed to Small Claims Assessment Review (SCAR). This is the only  way to obtain a reduction if we were denied at the board level. But don't worry, we have been very successful here! 

Important Notice: There is a $30 fee to purchase an index number that guarantees your case will be heard. 

Step 4: P.T.R.C. Inc. will purchase the index number and handle all the necessary paperwork to make sure your case is heard. Unfortunately, once your appeal is filed it could take several months for the Supreme Court to schedule a hearing. 

Step 5: We will be fully prepared for the hearing with all the necessary paperwork and a Comparable Market Analysis to help during the appeal process. 

Note: Once we have a successful case, you can receive your compensation in one of two ways: 
  1. The reduction can be reflected on your tax bills in which case you would pay your taxes based on the lower assessed value that was agreed upon. 
  2. The reduction can be reflected in the form of a refund check. Some municipalities will decide to combine these two methods and give you a lower assessed value along with a refund check. It all depends on the case.  

Step 6: Send in your application and get ready for next year's reductions! 

Still have questions about the grievance process and how we can help? To learn more, please visit our website or give us a call at (516) or (631) 484-0654. You can also reach out to us via email at! 

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Time is Running Out! 6 Days Remain to File for Grievance in Suffolk County!

Property Tax Reduction Consultants 
125 Jericho Turnpike, Jericho, NY 11753
516-484-0654 or 631-484-0654

Attention all Suffolk County residents! Time is running out! Only 6 days remain to file for grievance in Suffolk County!

If you're interested in filing for grievance, contact Property Tax Reduction Consultants today. Let P.T.R.C. Inc., the most qualified experts in the assessment challenge process help you to lower your property taxes! There is NO fee to be qualified. No fee = no reduction!

To begin filling out your application, call us today or visit us on the web at! For further information, give us a call at (516) 484-0654.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Apply Online to Grieve Your Property Taxes Today!

Property Tax Reduction Consultants 
125 Jericho Turnpike, Jericho, NY 11753
516-484-0654 or 631-484-0654

If you haven't filed for grievance yet, there is still time! PTRC is here to assist you in the process and make it as easy as possible!

CLICK HERE to apply online. If you choose not to apply online, simply print the application and fax or mail it to us.

For more information on the grievance process and how PTRC can help, give us a call today at 516-484-0654.