Selling Your Home? Here's How to Get More than Market Value!
We all know that certain qualities and attributes affect the true market value of your home. However, the million dollar question is really, "Which attributes of your home have the most impact on the value of your home?" Which upgrades offer the biggest and best ROI- otherwise known as, "Return On Investment"?
See below for our top 5:
- Kitchen -- This is a big one! Think about it, your kitchen is your gathering place. How often do guests not pass through your kitchen?
- Bathroom -- By default, the general population has an expectation that bathrooms are (simply by design and sheer purpose) unattractive. So, intuitively, any bathroom that strikes a potential buyer as "beautiful" is a definite win.
- Walls -- Back-to-basics is a trending theme everywhere we look these days. Tried and true, homes that boast freshly-painted walls make for a sure "10" on the first impression scale!
- Floors -- Whether your floors are covered with tile, hardwood or carpet (...and, it's best to just forget about laminate!), be certain that you're making the most of it. Similar to walls, just envision the magnitude of the area in your home that is comprised of some type of flooring?
- Landscaping -- This one has to do more with first impressions than anything else. Very simply, think of it as a job interview! Any interviewer truly shapes their first impression of you, the incumbent, within the first 60 seconds of meeting you. Likewise, your yard acts as the first 60 seconds of your potential buyer "meeting" your home!
Consider where people spend the most time and which areas are the most seen (or high trafficked), and elect to spruce those areas up!