Wednesday, October 30, 2013

File for Grievance Today with PTRC

Property Tax Reduction Consultants 
125 Jericho Turnpike, Jericho, NY 11753
516-484-0654 or 631-484-0654

The P.T.R.C. tax grievance process is simple for you. All you need to do is sign the application and return it to Property Tax Reduction Consultants via email, mail, fax or online. P.T.R.C. will take care of the rest. It’s that simple!

Here is how the process works:
  • Once we receive your application we will send you a confirmation of our receipt.
  • After reviewing your information if we feel your assessment is excessive we will file the application for you.
  • We will represent you with the Board of Assessment Review (B.A.R.) in Suffolk County, or The Assessment Review Committee (ARC) in Nassau County.
  • The BAR has a few months to review your application. They will either reduce your assessment or deny relief. ARC has 30 days to review your application; they will either reduce your assessment or deny relief.
  • Based on the decision rendered by the BAR, P.T.R.C., INC. will either accept your reduction or proceed to Small Claims Assessment Review (S.C.A.R.) Small Claims Assessment Review is the only way to obtain a reduction if denied at the board level. We have proved to be very successful here! A $30 court filing fee is required for SCAR to purchase an index number which guarantees your case to be heard.
  • P.T.R.C. will purchase your index number and complete all necessary paperwork on your behalf from the town or municipality. Once your appeal is filed it is up to Supreme Court to schedule the hearing.
  • P.T.R.C. will prepare all necessary documentation including comparable market analysis to be used in the negotiation process with your assessor and/or presented in court.
  • P.T.R.C. will appear on your behalf and present all the needed evidence to succeed.

There is no better time to file for grievance then right now. You've probably recently received your school tax bills and come to the realization that your school taxes have once again increased so your school district can meet their budget. Increases in school taxes results in your property taxes being higher.

For more information on the P.T.R.C. Inc. grievance process, please give us a call today at 516-484-0654.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.