Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Property Tax Reduction Consultants Grievance Process

Property Tax Reduction Consultants
125 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 500 
Jericho, NY 11753
516-484-0654 or 631-484-0654

The Nassau and Suffolk County grievance deadlines are quickly approaching. There is no better time to file a grievance with property tax reduction consultants.

P.T.R.C. has a proven track record of helping homeowners across Long Island receive refunds on overpaid property taxes. It is our objective to ensure that with our personalized service, our clients are paying the lowest possible property tax.

Here at P.T.R.C., we make the process as simple as possible. Below is a breakdown of how the grievance process works.

  • Property Tax Reduction Consultants will represent you with the Board of Assessment Review (B.A.R.) in Suffolk County, or The Assessment Review Committee (ARC) in Nassau County. 
  • Based on the decision made by the BAR, P.T.R.C. will either accept your reduction or proceed to Small Claims Assessment Review (S.C.A.R.). 
  • Small Claims Assessment Review is the only way to obtain a reduction if denied at the board level. We have proven to be very successful here! A $30.00 court filing fee is required for SCAR to purchase an index number which guarantees your case to be heard.
  • P.T.R.C. will purchase your index number and complete all necessary paperwork on your behalf from the town or municipality. Once your appeal is filed it is up to the Supreme Court to schedule the hearing. (This can take up to several months because of the numerous SCAR appeals that are filed.)
  • P.T.R.C. will prepare necessary documentation including a comparable market analysis to be used in the negotiation process with your assessor and/or presented in court.
  • P.T.R.C. will appear on your behalf and present all the needed evidence to succeed! 

Please remember, there is NO fee to be qualified. For more information, please give us a call at 516-484-0654 or visit us at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.